Thursday 16 July 2009

Greetings once more!

Good evening one and all! I'm so very sorry that I've been away from my journal for so long, but I have alas been rather unwell. I'm feeling much better now however, partly due to a restorative stay at my cousin's well appointed seaside abode in Lyme Regis. The sea air and some gentle strolls along the promenade did wonders for me, and I even got round to doing a spot of fossil hunting once I was feeling well enough. Being by the sea also stirred up many memories of my younger days when I was a lighthouse keeper - I will certainly get round to sharing some tales of those days with you soon now I am back in reasonable health.

But Radford, I hear you ask, what of the garden? Has it, in your absence, gone to rack and ruin? Well, dear reader, it has not - I am fortunate in my friendship with my neighbours, a couple of whom have kindly helped to keep the garden in good order during my convalescence. I hope that I can repay their kindness in the future, and in the meantime have given them some of the wonderful peas and broad beans that have grown well this year.

I shall write more very soon - I have many pictures of the garden to transfer from the digital camera and share with you all.

Bye bye for now.

Radford.

3 comments:

  1. Good god man, you're alive. We feared the worst when you didn't appear at the daycare centre for several weeks running. I tried to organise a collection for the wreath, but the mere suggestion roused such ire, vitriol and bitterness in the hearts of those I believed to be your friends that I raised enough for a weakling pot of chives from a supermarket.

    Still, at least I get to eat the chives now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Mr Sallow, wonderful to hear you're back in fine fettle, and ready to get back into the garden. Careful you don't get carried away and throw you're dicky back out.

    How are those romanesco broccoli going? A couple of mine appear to have attracted some sort of mining bug in the leaves, I'm hoping it doesn't spread, but they're pretty resilient little chaps so I'm not overly concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete